20 January 2016

New Balaclava Helmet - Davy Crocket look out!



My more discerning readers (and I have many, Cedric) will recall that I have taken to wearing a black Balaclava Helmet on these cold days and nights. Sadly, I lost the helmet on Friday. It could be at Aldi or Pets at Home - but I guess that some folk will not be sorry for they considered I looked like a terrorist. Be that as  it may, on Sunday I dashed into Blacks at St. Paul's to invest all of £12 in a sale offer for a fur-lined number as seen here. And rather fetching it looks too, I have to say. And warm! This photograph was taken by Chris in Seven Kings Park - and it is interesting that the green land in the backgound was where my father had two allotments during the Second World War where I worked with him at weekends and sometimes in the week too. But that story must wait for another time. Any likeness with Davy Crocket is purely coincidental.