4 July 2017

My garden

I have just walked down my garden. The butterflies are gorging on the buddlea and the honey bees from two gardens away are enjoying the salvia - Africa Sky, bought at Hampton Court Flower Show this time last year (and I have cultivated another three pots with cuttings). How fortunate I am to be able to step into a wilderness of weeds in one part, wildflowers in another and cultivated plants elsewhere. Tomatoes are ripening in the hanging baskets. The garden is hard work and I am not always up to it, so that there are times when I think I should downsize, but if I did I would do miss this oasis. So many front gardens are paved - inducing flood risk. Mine is one of the few around here that are cultivated. Passers-by stop to look at the trailing verbena, the geraniums, the bay trees, the rose that Joan gave me - Loving Memory it is called - in memory of Yvonne. 
I am so very fortunate and for that I give thanks.