28 July 2017

Photographic evening














On Thursday 27th July I attended Evensong at St. Paul's Cathedral, seated in the choir stalls beside a proud father from the USA - his daughter was singing in the choir. St. Paul's choir are on their summer break. The choir this week was from the USA. After supper at Paul (no relation!) I returned for the St. Paul's LATES when the cathedral is open from 6.30pm for photographers. Photography is not permitted normally but on a number of Thursdays in the summer photography is encouraged. What is interesting is that whereas on most days there is a hubble and bubble of voices of tourists and visitors, on these evenings (and this is the second I have attended) there is almost complete silence except for the click of cameras and mobiles. Last year I enjoyed an evening with Graham who is an expert photographer. This time I was alone - and just shot away on automatic!. And I guess it shows. Here are some shots of my favourite places in the Cathedral. I stayed for an hour and a half, lingering in the crypt to read some of the story boards. The 25 bus to Ilford called - but was very crowded and I could only find a window seat at the back upstairs - so I left at Mile End, for the Underground and Overhead to Ilford where Radio Cars took me home. An enjoyable evening - my only regret being that Yvonne and I did not discover all these things when we were together. I guess we were so busy so that days in London were few - but such treasured. The Freedom Pass is a blessing.