9 July 2017

To wash or not to wash - that is the question!

Ironing! Forget tea-towels, for I am aware that this subject is likely to evoke a violent reaction amongst the ladies who do not iron their tea-towels (I have just ironed three, plus five handkerchiefs, but enough said about this.)

Shopping bags? The linen type that you take with you to save paying the 5p for a plastic carrier. I have three. One from Borough Market (large and strong linen); one from the Recycling Ladies of the London Borough of Redbridge (almost as strong, but smaller) and one from Aldeburgh in Suffolk (with sketches of the well-known haunts if that seaside town beloved of Yvonne; indeed I bought it for her on our last visit there). I took the latter to Broadway Market but the raspberries leaked from their plastic packing and I had wash with stain remover (what else?) so I did the other two at the same time. I iron these because when they come off the washing line they are creased and you cannot be seen in the town walking about with a creased shopping bag, can you? Do, do you wash shopping bags? And if not, why not - but I will still talk to you if you do not!