18 December 2018

Christmas in London














Monday 17th December was a special day for my family and me. In the morning a good friend joined me for coffee, at lunchtime I received a call from the ILFORD RECORDER to do some photography - then I travelled to London. First to St. Paul's Cathedral for Sung Evensong - with the choristers at their very best. I had a seat in the choir, where I could sink into quiet thoughts.

The 25 bus no longer seems to go to Oxford Circus, so I caught a Number 8 to Tottenham Court Road. But we were tipped out far from that road! I asked a young man where I might find the station - and he said: "Follow me!" which I did. The Road was packed - and so was the Central Line. Alighting at Oxford Circus, I emerged into the darkness to find so many people I almost became submerged. On to Hamleys - of blessed memory - with camera out. The 139 bus took me to Trafalgar Square where I enjoyed the Norwegian Christmas Tree, sending shots on Instagram to Oslo for Richard and Stine to enjoy (and they did). The singing was joyous. The number 11 bus to St. Paul's for some more photographs, then the 26 to Liverpool Street Station and home via Ilford and Radio Cars. Having left home at 3pm it was nearly 8.30pm when Socks looked quizzically, asking for his supper.