3 December 2018

Christmas is on its way - official!





Christmas is on its way - official! How do I know? Well, today I have started the decorations. I have winter-cleaned the porch, cleaned the windows inside, polished the woodwork, vacuumed the carpet and rugs and sorted out the plants. I need to buy some more Christmas Plants tomorrow, but the crib is in place - a present some 50 years ago to my daughter, Heather, from Auntie Una - I have suggested that it is time for Heather to have this in her own home but Heather says it must be in the porch here. The Baby Jesus is not there - till Christmas Eve. But his down-down is there waiting (made for Heather by Auntie Ana as Heather said that the Baby Jesus was cold without a blanket. Good point!). I must have a lie down now! Brass cleaning starts this afternoon. Lights go up later in the week. I am pacing myself. Christmas cards all done. Most of the presents packed - but still a few more to buy.