15 December 2018

I have come over all of a quiver!

I have come over all of a quiver! I decided to donate to THE GUARDIAN's charity telethon this morning. I read that "donations will help bring justice and dignify to vulnerable Brtitish citizens and migrants - victims of Britain's hostile immigration policies". Twenty or so journalists on the paper were taking calls. I got through to the Editor-in-Chief! How about that! I told her that I have read the GUARDIAN since I was 20 when it was THE MANCHESTER GUARDIAN. Katherine Viner was amazed! I told her I read John Crace first - the Parliamentary sketch writer - and I was put through to talk to him! How about that! It has made my day, week, year! They both laughed when I told them that my newsagent tells me that I am the only GUARDIAN reader in Aldborough Hatch.