7 October 2017

Bitter disappointment

On Friday I wrote to tell my readers that THE GUARDIAN would be handing out a free virtual reality headset (VRH) with today's paper. I waited for the morning with keen anticipation, in fact so keen was my anticipation that at 7am I was sat sitting by the letterbox waiting not just in keen but in extreme anticipation.

And lo, when the paper arrived nowhere was a virtual reality headset to be seen! Disappointed beyond all measure, I looked back at yesterday's paper and read the small print: 'Selected retailers and geographies only. Subject to availability.'

Clearly my retailer was not selected nor is mine one of the geographies (odd word that?) designated let alone selected.

So I will never ever know how a VRH might improve my quality of life nor experience the simple excitement and wonder of it all.

Therefore it is back to making Christmas Cards with my photographs for sale at the Rummage Sale on 14th October and the Christmas Market on 18th November.