2 October 2017

Happy half-hour!

I have just spent a happy - well, sort of happy - half-hour at the ironing board. Seven tea towels (yes, I know, Cedric, but standards are standards), fourteen handkerchiefs and three canvas bags. Canvas bags, I hear you cry!

The first is my Borough Market shopping bag, then there is the Redbridge bag (I must have been given this at sometime by a kindly soul) and finally the Aldeburgh bag which I bought for Yvonne in her home town with sketches of the famous landmarks. Why ironing? Well, they had to be washed - as they do from time to time as if I stand them down when filled they pick up dust or sometimes the contents (such as spring bulbs) leave a residue. And having washed them, they have to be ironed for I cannot be seen out and about with a creased shopping bag, can I? Not on your life!

Socks kept me company by falling to sleep on the kitchen doormat (itself of the washable variety and having recently been through the washing machine, Socks finds it nice and comfy).

Now to prepare for the day at the desk and in the garden. I trust my readers have a good week!