9 October 2017

Nightmare!

I woke this morning at 5.15am in a panic. I had a nightmare that I had returned home to find my front garden had been excavated, leaving a six foot deep crater. Plants, shrubs, roses, flowers - all gone. Just a gapping hole.

At that moment a white van arrived, disgorging workmen unloading bricks and cement. I challenged the leader who showed me written instructions to turn my front garden into a parking area for two cars. The paper showed the address as 37 Du Montford Gardens. I pointed out that I live at Spearpoint Gardens. The builder told me that this was the correct address and asked me to show him a street sign with Spearpoint Gardens - and we could not find one, only signs saying Du Montford Gardens. At that point I woke up!

I often have dreams that are disturbing but nothing like this. Two recurring dreams find me in an office editing a magazine, but I have no articles to publish. I wander all over London, visiting places I know well, imploring passers-by to write for me - but they just smile and walk on.

The second dream finds me being called back to Redbridge Magistrates Court to sit in Court Number One. My two colleagues are well known justices from my 23 years on the bench, but other newly appointed justices object and it gets quite difficult . . .

An hour or so later and I feel better now. Socks came upstairs to ask me when his breakfast would be served as he has some mousing to do this morning and I am off to Romford to buy supplies for my Christmas cards. I cannot hang about here . . .

Any thoughts about my dreams and nightmare would be appreciated - provided they are constructive and not too scary. I am not up for scary these days.