28 October 2017

Help!

I have a problem. In my youth we all had autograph albums. They were the thing. First we asked our relatives to write something and sign, then our friends and later anyone who happened to be passing who could be cajoled into taking up the pen and writing.. My mother wrote two texts as follows:

I have no pain, dear mother now,
but such a terrible thirst.
Connect me to the brewery
and leave me till I burst.

Never put off till tomorrow that which should be done today.

The first is faintly amusing - and has amused when I have repeated it to friends. The second has been a guiding - almost thrusting - factor in my life.

It is why this morning I rose at shortly before 6am to see if I might resolve the problem I had last evening with my printer (which seems to have resolved itself after going onto Google and pasting in 'Filter failed' after the name of the printer - but I am not counting my chickens just yet and may have to call on Nicholas-acros-the-Road for his technical expertise). I also decided to perform a typing task for the Aldborough Hatch Defence Association that could easily wait until Monday.

Why? You tell me. Am I an obsessive compulsive fellow or just a bit dotty? On second thought, it might be best if you keep your ideas to yourself although if you feel like expressing some words of wisdom please do so.

Have a good day .. .