6 October 2017

Headset!

Earlier today THE GUARDIAN thundered through my letterbox - as it has for more years that I care to remember for I started reading the MANCHESTER GUARDIAN when I was about 20. In general I would say I agree with most of what it says, perhaps 99.9999% of the time. But today . . .

The whole newspaper is wrapped in a grey see-through cover. The front page is visible through a sort of early morning misty haze - and when you turn over there it is in all its glory. 
I read all I needed to read at breakfast, saving the other bits till later in the day and even in the night if I wake up - as I often do.

But it is the message emblazoned across the front that has mystified me. It reads:

'Get your free virtual reality headset with tomorrow's paper'

I cannot wait for seven on Saturday morning to find out what this is all about. But one thing is for dead certain. I will treat it with the utmost caution. I will not rush into fitting the so-called headset to my head. No, and neither would you Cedric!