24 October 2017

Life is filled with oddities . . .

Life is filled with the usual and many surprises. 

Take today. I buy some of my spring bulbs and summer flowering corms from a well-known supplier in Lincolnshire with connections in Holland ( I know the latter because often the descriptions of the goods are in Dutch!). The courier arrived this morning with two Amarylis (Exotic Peacock) and three Fritillaria (Crown Imperial). All well and good, as they say (although who they are I am unsure!).

Enclosed was a Reward Voucher for £5 which is valued through to 30th June 2018, so I will keep it safely by me for when I order begonia and the like in the Spring.

But there is some text with a box which I may tick if I wish to take advantage of this - when sending the voucher with my next order. The text reads: ' Rather than use my £5 voucher, I would like to change it for a £2 voucher'.

Now I am all for a bargain. Indeed, I look out for 'three for the price of two' offers - although I fear I may one day fall for the 'two for the price of three' offer. But why would I want to change a £5 voucher for a £2 voucher?

I am mystified. The small print below gives some sort of explanation for if I wish to exchange the £5 for £2 I will receive cash to the value of £2.

No fear. £5 or nowt I say. For you cannot even buy a cup of coffee for two quid! Not in London, anyway.