25 October 2017

It is a strange world . . .

Crocus are peeping through in my front garden - and it is still October! If they are out before Christmas I may go into hibernation for the rest of the winter.

I arrived home last evening at just after nine from an evening at St. Paul's Cathedral - where Melvyn Bragg spoke on the influence of William Tyndale on the English language and our way of life - to find that the area outside St. Peter's was roped off with three police cars and three or even four damaged cars - but no occupants, just police officers chatting away as if nothing had happened and they often roped off roadways in the dark for a bit of fun. It appeared that some of the cars had bumped into cars in driveways too. I took a couple of shots with my mobile - but clearly my hand was shaking so I will not put them here.

This morning's newspaper is filled with doom and gloom - Brexit, Trump, interest rates, murders . . .

It is a very strange world in which we live. I have two lots of washing on the go, but I feel like going back to bed for the rest of the day and hiding under the sheets in the hope that it might all go away. But no - I have a weekly shop to do!